Insects Are Essential for Life. They’re Vanishing.
Can Machines Understand Complex Biology?
Companies founded 103
Our CompaniesAll Companies
Noubar Afeyan is Flagship's founder and CEO. For over 31 years he has been involved in the creation and fostering of more than 100 companies. Those companies have created new drugs, invented new sources of energy, and pioneered products to heal, feed, and fuel a changing world’s growing population.
Neurologist. Entrepreneur. Managing partner Doug Cole has been with Flagship since the earliest days of the firm and created some of the biggest life sciences companies of the last 20 years. He co-founded companies that challenge traditional views of cancer and how we approach genetic editing and controls. Companies include: Agios, Editas, Syros.
Trained as a joint M.D./Ph.D. at Harvard Medical School and MIT and a partner at Flagship Labs, David Berry has filed over 200 patents and patent applications, and co-founded companies that have pioneered new sources of fuel for a greener planet; invented microbiome therapies; and developed products to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Axcella, Evelo, and Joule.
Ignacio Martinez, general partner, originates many of our agricultural companies. He has a special interest in nutrition at the intersection of agriculture and human health. He creates ventures focused on growing healthier, better crops, and generating new platforms to make agricultural production more ecologically sustainable and nutritious. Companies include: Inari, CiBO, and Invaio.
Two hundred patents and patent applications. 20+ peer-reviewed journal articles. Flagship Pioneering partner, Geoff von Maltzahn asks “What if?” to find unexpected possibilities in the human microbiome or to invent new agricultural technologies to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Indigo, Kaleido, and Seres.
- Kaleido Biosciences to Advance KB174 for Hepatic Encephalopathy Based on Positive Top-Line Results from a Clinical Study in Patients with Cirrhosis 12.12.2019
- Flagship Pioneering Unveils Cellarity, the First Company to Discover Medicines Targeting Cell Behavior 12.10.2019
- Seventh Sense Biosystems Unlocks Market for Consumer Blood Collection Through Layperson Clearance 12.10.2019
- François Nader, M.D., Joins Moderna’s Board of Directors 12.10.2019
- Evelo Biosciences Appoints Juan Andres to Board of Directors 12.05.2019
- MaxCyte and KSQ Therapeutics Announce Development and Commercialization Agreement to Enable the Advancement of KSQ's Adoptive Cell Therapy Programs 12.04.2019