Engineering Life: How Synthetic Biology Enables Us to Create New Living Things
What is Cell Therapy? Medicines Delivered by Cells
Companies founded 100
Our CompaniesAll Companies
Noubar Afeyan is Flagship's founder and CEO. For over 31 years he has been involved in the creation and fostering of more than 100 companies. Those companies have created new drugs, invented new sources of energy, and pioneered products to heal, feed, and fuel a changing world’s growing population.
Neurologist. Entrepreneur. Managing partner Doug Cole has been with Flagship since the earliest days of the firm and created some of the biggest life sciences companies of the last 20 years. He co-founded companies that challenge traditional views of cancer and how we approach genetic editing and controls. Companies include: Agios, Editas, Syros.
Trained as a joint M.D./Ph.D. at Harvard Medical School and MIT and a partner at Flagship Labs, David Berry has filed over 200 patents and patent applications, and co-founded companies that have pioneered new sources of fuel for a greener planet; invented microbiome therapies; and developed products to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Axcella, Evelo, and Joule.
Ignacio Martinez, general partner, originates many of our agricultural companies. He has a special interest in nutrition at the intersection of agriculture and human health. He creates ventures focused on growing healthier, better crops, and generating new platforms to make agricultural production more ecologically sustainable and nutritious. Companies include: Inari, CiBO, and Invaio.
Two hundred patents and patent applications. 20+ peer-reviewed journal articles. Flagship Pioneering partner, Geoff von Maltzahn asks “What if?” to find unexpected possibilities in the human microbiome or to invent new agricultural technologies to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Indigo, Kaleido, and Seres.
- Ahead of the USDA’s August WASDE Report, Indigo Updates Production Forecasts for Corn and Soybeans in the U.S. 08.12.2019
- Seres Therapeutics Appoints Stephen Berenson to its Board of Directors 08.06.2019
- Evelo Biosciences Reports Positive EDP1815 Interim Clinical Data in Psoriasis Patients at Low Dose in Ongoing Phase 1b Trial 08.06.2019
- Inari Raises $89 Million to Bring Innovative, Disruptive Technologies to Growers 08.06.2019
- Denali Therapeutics Announces That Its Partner Sanofi has Commenced Dosing of DNL758 in a Phase 1 Study 08.05.2019
- Axcella Announces Publication of Data Describing Attenuation of Muscle Atrophy with AXA2678 in Short-Term Muscle Disuse Study 07.31.2019