Our CompaniesAll Companies
Flagship Pioneering Raises a New $1.1 Billion Capital Pool
Flagship has completed raising a new $1.1 billion capital pool. This is Flagship’s seventh origination fund and enables us to continue generating pioneering platform companies developing breakthrough products for human health and sustainability.
The Coming Age of Generative Biology
“Nature Is the Best Inventor”: A Conversation With Feng Zhang
Companies founded 106
Noubar Afeyan is Flagship's founder and CEO. For over 31 years he has been involved in the creation and fostering of more than 100 companies. Those companies have created new drugs, invented new sources of energy, and pioneered products to heal, feed, and fuel a changing world’s growing population.
Neurologist. Entrepreneur. Managing partner Doug Cole has been with Flagship since the earliest days of the firm and created some of the biggest life sciences companies of the last 20 years. He co-founded companies that challenge traditional views of cancer and how we approach genetic editing and controls. Companies include: Agios, Editas, Syros.
Trained as a joint M.D./Ph.D. at Harvard Medical School and MIT and a partner at Flagship Labs, David Berry has filed over 200 patents and patent applications, and co-founded companies that have pioneered new sources of fuel for a greener planet; invented microbiome therapies; and developed products to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Axcella, Evelo, and Joule.
Ignacio Martinez, general partner, originates many of our agricultural companies. He has a special interest in nutrition at the intersection of agriculture and human health. He creates ventures focused on growing healthier, better crops, and generating new platforms to make agricultural production more ecologically sustainable and nutritious. Companies include: Inari, CiBO, and Invaio.
Two hundred patents and patent applications. 20+ peer-reviewed journal articles. Flagship Pioneering partner, Geoff von Maltzahn asks “What if?” to find unexpected possibilities in the human microbiome or to invent new agricultural technologies to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Indigo, Kaleido, and Seres.
- Flagship Pioneering Completes Raising a New $1.1 Billion Capital Pool 04.02.2020
- Repertoire Immune Medicines Launches Type 1 Diabetes Focused Program with Investment from JDRF T1D Fund 03.25.2020
- Seres Therapeutics Appoints Paul Biondi, Experienced Biopharmaceutical Strategy and Corporate Development Professional, to Its Board of Directors 03.23.2020
- Flagship Pioneering Announces the Launch of Repertoire Immune Medicines with Industry Veteran John G. Cox as Chief Executive Officer 03.12.2020
- Flagship Pioneering Announces Ohana Biosciences 01.27.2020
- Kintai Therapeutics Advances Anti-Obesity Agent KTX-0200 into IND-Enabling Studies Following Positive Preclinical Data Demonstrating Sustained Weight Loss and Improved Health Markers 01.22.2020