Companies founded 100
Our CompaniesAll Companies
Noubar Afeyan is Flagship's founder and CEO. For over 31 years he has been involved in the creation and fostering of more than 100 companies. Those companies have created new drugs, invented new sources of energy, and pioneered products to heal, feed, and fuel a changing world’s growing population.
Neurologist. Entrepreneur. Managing partner Doug Cole has been with Flagship since the earliest days of the firm and created some of the biggest life sciences companies of the last 20 years. He co-founded companies that challenge traditional views of cancer and how we approach genetic editing and controls. Companies include: Agios, Editas, Syros.
Trained as a joint M.D./Ph.D. at Harvard Medical School and MIT and a partner at Flagship Labs, David Berry has filed over 200 patents and patent applications, and co-founded companies that have pioneered new sources of fuel for a greener planet; invented microbiome therapies; and developed products to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Axcella, Evelo, and Joule.
Ignacio Martinez, general partner, originates many of our agricultural companies. He has a special interest in nutrition at the intersection of agriculture and human health. He creates ventures focused on growing healthier, better crops, and generating new platforms to make agricultural production more ecologically sustainable and nutritious. Companies include: Inari, CiBO, and Invaio.
Two hundred patents and patent applications. 20+ peer-reviewed journal articles. Flagship Pioneering partner, Geoff von Maltzahn asks “What if?” to find unexpected possibilities in the human microbiome or to invent new agricultural technologies to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Indigo, Kaleido, and Seres.
- With Microbiome Technology, Expanded Market Access, and Season-Long Support, Growers Earn Up to an Additional $59 per Acre with 2020 Indigo Certified Wheat™ 05.22.2019
- Quanterix Announces $50,000 In Grants to Support Promising Oncology Research 05.16.2019
- Moderna Announces Publication of Phase 1 Data for mRNA Vaccines Against Two Potential Pandemic Influenza Strains 05.10.2019
- New Publication in Cancer Research Highlights Discovery of SY-1365, a First-in-Class Selective CDK7 Inhibitor, and its Promise as a Potentially Transformative Targeted Approach for Difficult-to-Treat Cancers 05.07.2019
- MIT Solve Announces Launch of Solve Innovation Fund 05.07.2019
- TARIS Bio Initiates New Clinical Study of TAR-302 in Overactive Bladder 05.01.2019