What is Cell Therapy? Medicines Delivered by Cells
Will the World Run Out of Food? A Conversation with Robert Berendes
Companies founded 100
Our CompaniesAll Companies
Noubar Afeyan is Flagship's founder and CEO. For over 31 years he has been involved in the creation and fostering of more than 100 companies. Those companies have created new drugs, invented new sources of energy, and pioneered products to heal, feed, and fuel a changing world’s growing population.
Neurologist. Entrepreneur. Managing partner Doug Cole has been with Flagship since the earliest days of the firm and created some of the biggest life sciences companies of the last 20 years. He co-founded companies that challenge traditional views of cancer and how we approach genetic editing and controls. Companies include: Agios, Editas, Syros.
Trained as a joint M.D./Ph.D. at Harvard Medical School and MIT and a partner at Flagship Labs, David Berry has filed over 200 patents and patent applications, and co-founded companies that have pioneered new sources of fuel for a greener planet; invented microbiome therapies; and developed products to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Axcella, Evelo, and Joule.
Ignacio Martinez, general partner, originates many of our agricultural companies. He has a special interest in nutrition at the intersection of agriculture and human health. He creates ventures focused on growing healthier, better crops, and generating new platforms to make agricultural production more ecologically sustainable and nutritious. Companies include: Inari, CiBO, and Invaio.
Two hundred patents and patent applications. 20+ peer-reviewed journal articles. Flagship Pioneering partner, Geoff von Maltzahn asks “What if?” to find unexpected possibilities in the human microbiome or to invent new agricultural technologies to feed and clothe the world. Companies include: Indigo, Kaleido, and Seres.
- Indigo Launches the Terraton Initiative™ to Remove One Trillion Tons of Carbon Dioxide from the Atmosphere 06.12.2019
- Rubius Therapeutics Announces Issuance of Multiple U.S. Patents for its Red Cell Therapeutic Programs 06.05.2019
- Quanterix Raises $49.7 Million and Announces Introduction of Latest Model Simoa HD-X Analyzer at BIO 2019 International Convention 06.04.2019
- TransMedics Announces the Second FDA PMA Approval for its OCS Lung System, Allowing Access to a Larger Pool of Donor Lungs that are Currently Seldomly Utilized for Transplantation Due to Limitations of Cold Storage 06.03.2019
- Sigilon Therapeutics Hires Glenn Reicin, Veteran Banking and Finance Strategist, as CFO 06.03.2019
- Moderna Announces Presentation of Interim Data from Phase 1 Study of mRNA Personalized Cancer Vaccine at 2019 ASCO Annual Meeting 06.01.2019