We are looking for outstanding scientists, engineers, innovators, and budding entrepreneurs to work hand-in-hand with our seasoned professionals through our unique entrepreneurial Exploration process, with the potential to ultimately produce exciting new ventures aimed at applications in Life Sciences.
The Flagship VentureLabs Fellows program provides an exclusive opportunity for elite graduates and post graduates to gain hands-on experience in Flagship VentureLabs' unique approach to company conception, innovation and entrepreneuring. Fellows will work with VentureLabs partners on Explorations into new ways of addressing significant business opportunities involving the systematic formulation and testing of new venture hypotheses. Each opportunity will have the potential to advance from exploration to prototype company to Flagship Ventures backed company.
This summer program will expose each Fellow to the world of entrepreneuring that happens in Flagship VentureLabs and offers a career altering opportunity. This unique experience will also expose Fellows to leaders in science and business providing a highly potent platform for personal growth. Former Fellows have gone on to become employees at Flagship, leaders at our portfolio companies, and successful entrepreneurs.
- Full-time fellowship over a 12 week period
- Fellows will receive a stipend
- Program takes place at the Flagship VentureLabs offices in Kendall Square (1 Memorial Dr., 7th floor, Cambridge, MA)
Key benefits of this Fellowship include:
- Learn our system of entrepreneuring to generate and assess the best venture ideas
- Contribute to and gain exposure to game-changing ideas and innovations that could lead to the next breakthrough companies
- Work directly with highly experienced Flagship VentureLabs team members—a group of widely recognized scientists, entrepreneurs and executives
- Build relationships and expand your network with a diverse and highly successful group of peers
- Exhibit and develop your creativity, adaptability, and ability to innovate
- Deep scientific or business background aimed at life sciences
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial behaviors
- Academic excellence and self-starter mentality
- Creativity in the ability to solve complex scientific and business problems
- Currently a graduate or post graduate (MBA, MS, PhD, MD, etc.) from a top university
- No more than one year away from full-time employment
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2014 program. Please check back with us next year.