We are looking for outstanding scientists, engineers, inventors, and budding entrepreneurs to work hand-in-hand with our seasoned professionals through our unique entrepreneurial Exploration process, with the potential to ultimately produce exciting new ventures.
The Flagship VentureLabs® Fellows program provides an exclusive opportunity for graduating students to gain hands-on experience in Flagship VentureLabs' approach to company conception, innovation and entrepreneuring. Fellows will work with VentureLabs Partners and Associates on Explorations focused on significant market opportunities, involving the formulation and testing of venture hypotheses around new technological platforms. Each Exploration will have the potential to advance from Exploration to ProtoCompany to a Flagship Ventures backed company.
- Full-time fellowship runs over a 12 week period
- June 6, 2016 – August 26, 2016
- Fellows will receive a stipend
- Program takes place at the Flagship VentureLabs offices in Kendall Square, 1 Memorial Dr., 7th floor, Cambridge, Mass.
Key benefits of this Fellowship include:
- Learn our system of entrepreneuring to generate and refine actionable venture hypotheses
- Contribute to the creation of game-changing ideas & innovations that can be developed into the next breakthrough companies
- Work directly with highly experienced Flagship VentureLabs team members—a group of widely recognized scientists, entrepreneurs and executives
- Build relationships and expand your network with a diverse and highly successful group of peers
- Exhibit and develop your creativity, adaptability, and ability to innovate
- Gain exposure to leaders in science and business providing a highly potent platform for personal growth
- Opportunities to become a member of the VentureLabs team at Flagship or one of our portfolio companies
- Deep scientific or business background aimed at life sciences
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial behaviors
- Academic excellence and self-starter mentality: confident, passionate, persuasive
- Creativity in the ability to solve complex scientific and business problems
- Previous Peace Corps, military, or public service experience considered
- Currently a graduate or post graduate student (MBA, MS, PhD, MD, etc.) with a scientific background from a top university
- No more than 1-2 years away from full-time employment
How to Apply:
Access Talent@FlagshipVentureLabs.com to submit a CV or resume, including a list of any patents or publications.
Resumes are reviewed on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. Select applicants will be invited to an in person interview.